Posts tagged "San Joaquin Valley"
Mural at the Iron Bird Lofts in downtown Fresno.
I was talking to a fella, yesterday, who lives in the Iron Bird Lofts. He mentioned a few issues that need to be addressed for downtown living to be more popular:
- You’re paying more rent and getting less space
- Lack of parks, gym, dry cleaners —- daily needs
- Lack of a grocery store that is within walking distance
- You have to drive on the freeway to quickly get through the other side of downtown.
- The street lights are not synchronized to movement. You sit at a red light for a couple of minutes even it there aren’t any other cars.
The Cultural Arts/Mural District is the fastest developing district in downtown, but it is still lacking basic amenities that Fresnans want. Why pay more?
You can submit your own Fresno photo/rant, here.
Have a lovely day in Fresno!