Introducing: the best wallet ever.
Well, at least that I have bought. hahaha I spent most of last summer on campus for summer school, but I had a lot of free time. One day I poked my head into the Urban Outfitters on Green St. and saw a whole display full of beautiful wallets. I wasn’t sure if I should splurge on a new wallet since the mini wallet/coin purse I had been using from Coach was working just fine. I thought about how I had not bought a wallet in a few years…and how I did kind of miss having a larger wallet…. hahaha This is basically how I justified my purchase.
This wallet is by Kimchi Blue and you can purchase it from Urban Outfitters for $20. Now looking back on it, $20 isn’t bad at all for this wonderful wallet considering that’s how much I paid for my little coin purse from Coach at an outlet store. I don’t know if you can still find it in stores because I bought it during the summer, but they do sell it in three colors online. The color I have, a grey with gold lining under the lasercut front, is not available anymore. I actually was debating between the grey and “pink” color (which in person is more like coral) because I really love coral, especially for summer. However, I asked a salesperson for advice and she said that the grey would be more suitable for year round use. That was a valid point so I decided to go with the grey. I’m happy with my choice because the grey is also more sophisticated compared to the coral or teal color. I think one of my favorite parts of this wallet is that the interior is a lovely mint green. The exterior may be muted and grey, but when you open it there is a burst of color! :)
Anyways, onto just how great this wallet is!
- I love that it is a full zip closure, you don’t have to worry about anything falling out.
- It might not look very large from the exterior, but the interior is very roomy. As you can see from my pictures above, the wallet has two main sections separated by a middle pocket that has a zipper-closure. The two sides are identical with a pocket/slot that runs the length of the wallet and four smaller pockets/slots for cards (total two large pockets/slots and eight small pockets/slots).
- I use one side for cash, license, debit cards, and insurance card. The area between the side and the middle pocket is quite large (!) so it fits my checkbook and receipts nicely.
- I use the other side for miscellaneous things such as business cards and wallet-sized photographs (large pocket) and gift cards, punch cards, etc. in the smaller pockets. I have a little notebook from Moleskin that I put in that extra space in case I need to jot anything down.
- The middle pocket is a fun spot for me. I wasn’t sure what to do with it at first because there’s a zipper pocket for coins on the back of the wallet. But, then I realized I needed a place to put my fortunes that I have been collecting from fortune cookies for the past year or two. So in they went! haha
- The coin pocket on the back opens up pretty wide so it’s easy for me to find coins. This was actually a big plus for me because I don’t like taking forever at the counter while I look for change. :P
- The wallet is very soft. It is faux-leather, but does not feel like a faux-leather jacket. It feels nice in my hands like it’s been broken in (like real leather) and…comfortable for lack of a better word.
- It’s very sturdy and well made. I haven’t had any problems with the zippers. I’ve had it for about 6 months with a lot of handling, but the faux-leather shows no sign of it. There are no tears and the stitching is still holding strong.
You can tell from the pictures that I have my wallet chock full of stuff, but it stays very neatly organized, at least for me. And even though I have so much stuff in my wallet it doesn’t really expand too much in width, which I think is due to the full zipper enclosure. It is definitely a hefty wallet and would hurt if I chucked it at anyone. hahahaha I like that everything like my notebook and checkbook are now more portable because they fit in the wallet. Thus, the switch from backpack to purse and back is easy! I just grab my wallet and just toss it in and I’m ready to go!
Seriously $20 is a great deal for this wallet! Thank you for reading, and let me know if I’ve convinced any of you to get it! bahahaha