This looks kind of gross, but I swear it is DERICIOUS! I made myself a personal pizza for dinner tonight and I am pleasantly surprised by how yummy it tastes!
I went grocery shopping the other day and saw a giant ball of mozzarella cheese and had to have it. Unfortunately, it was pretty expensive so I just went with shredded mozzarella cheese. But what was I going to do with that? I didn’t want to just eat shredded mozzarella cheese straight from the bag (okay I did, but that’s kind of weird) so I decided PIZZA! So I ran around for another 5 minutes to pick up the rest of the items that I wanted. Read on to learn how I made this easy (and extremely cheap) 5-step pizza!
1 8oz. bag of Meijer brand shredded mozzarella cheese (on sale, whoo!)
1 16oz. package of Jimmy Dean sausage with sage (also on sale :D)
1 pack of Meijer brand pre-made thin pizza crust (comes with 3-8inch crusts)
1 jar of Delallo pizza sauce (brand is random- just the smallest jar I could find)
1. Take out one pizza crust and spread a thin layer of olive oil on top. Make sure you get the edges! I used a spoon to do this, but one of those brushes you use for egg-washes would’ve been nice. haha
2. Spread pizza sauce all over the crust in nice big circles, just like how they do on TV. Put as little or as much as you want! I used about two tablespoons.
3. Grab a little bit of the sausage (maybe about 1-2 tablespoons) and make little balls out it. Place them wherever you want on your pizza crust.
4. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese very liberally. :D
5. Stick it in the oven* for 10-12 minutes at 450 degrees Fahreinheit.
*I have a handy dandy toaster oven, and my little 8 inch pizza crust fits perfectly into that so I used that instead. I just saved money from not having to heat up the entire oven to bake one little pizza!
I didn’t even have to add salt or pepper to my pizza because the sauce is already salted obviously, and the sage infused sausage had great flavor! This was a yummy and cheap dinner. Because I bought most of my ingredients on sale and in surplus- I get two more pizzas out of it! YAY. As for the measurements- don’t take them too seriously- I honestly just eyeballed everything. hahaha It’s a personal pizza so put as much or as little of anything on it that you want. Next time, I’m going to try to make a pizza with chicken and spinach. NOMs.
***Optional 6th step: look at it. smell it. savor it.